Monday, March 16, 2015

Altering


Altering clothes is fairly new to me. In elementary school I remember trying to sew a dress out of this cheap Valentine's fabric with a bunch of pink and red hearts on it. I was sewing with a tiny beginner sewing machine my Grandma had gave me as a present. I was so excited about that simple heart dress. Years later, my freshman year in High School, me and some friends bought shorts from the thrift store and fabric from Wal-Mart and created cute summer shorts. Also, I had done some small projects on the side. So, in a way, the relationship has been off and on.
I've never taken a sewing class. I'm teaching myself but, I am really open to help. I do get very frustrated as times due to not knowing what the hell to do if the thread gets all tangled while hand sewing or how to know what tension setting I'm supposed to put the machine on. I'ts all a very concentrated process but, I love the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment