Sunday, March 15, 2015

Introduction


  I, myself would describe my style as sophisticated grunge. I believe, you always have to have some class in the clothes that you're wearing; as well as some ruggedness. The two combined seem paradoxical but, I believe I can fuse the two perfectly.
  In this outfit, I am wearing a St. John's Bay grey turtleneck with a grey blazer from JcPenny and nude Calvin Klein slacks with an H&M belt. The necklace is from Forever 21 and the watch-Charming Charlies. Now, believe it or not this outfit cost only about $45. The turtleneck as well as the Calvin Klein pants are from the Thrift Store only costing about $2 each! That right there ladies and gents is my whole concept. Thrifting Your Style. You can find clothes from the Thrift Store and find beauty by styling them accordingly. Mix and match, cut and sew.
  That old pink t-shirt that you found for $1.50 isn't just an old pink shirt. Cut an in' or 2 off the hem, cut off the sleeves, sew some new fabric on the collar, paint designs. Think about what you already have in your closet or what you can pair with that piece of clothing. That's what I do. I take clothes that people don't want anymore and alter/mix and match them to become what they once were.
  I love clothes so much and I see potential in that pink shirt. Fashion isn't about labels and designers; it's about creativity. So, the next time you go to the Thrift Store keep an eye out for potential and you too, can have great style for a couple bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment