Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Statement Shorts




   These shorts obviously make a statement to a problem that women face everyday. These shorts are very dear to me and touch on a subject that I feel very strongly about. As an advocate for women's rights and equality I will continue to make/wear clothes that will make men drool at a woman's feet or make them feel...uncomfortable.
  "His opinion does not define you." I got the quote from a picture painted all pink with a girls eyes, nose and lips; sort of, hiding behind the quote. And I just fell in love with it. I bought the shorts at the thrift store (of course) and when I tried them on at home I immediately said "red lace." So, I bought a yard of red lace and got straight to work. I hand sewed the lace myself, which kind of took a while but I loved doing it. Now, my intention was to have just the red lace and nothing else. I texted my friend and asked for her advice. She told me "I like the simplicity but, you can up your game." I agreed and took her advice and the pink piece of art came into sight. I just absolutely love the end result.
The statement shorts are kind of like the 'lingerie' of shorts. They're black and have red lace and a little short-they're just alluring. And when a guy sees you in these shorts they're gonna be like "Damn." or maybe think "She's a slut for wearing those shorts." And I just want you beautiful ladies to know that HIS OPINION DOES NOT DEFINE YOU. If a man thinks you're too fat, ugly, doesn't like the way you dress or talk or your ideas-always remember that his opinion doesn't matter, yours does. Don't let a man tell you how to act or look. I just don't want you to
 change outfits while you look at yourself in the mirror because you're worried people will judge you. Please wear what you want to wear. I promise darling, you look flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment